Useful ESA links & forms

This site offers advice and call forwarding options, and we are in no way affiliated with any organisation mentioned on this website. Calls to 084 numbers cost up to 7p per minute plus your network access charge.

Useful ESA links

Official ESA overview

The official Government outline of the Employment and Support Allowance scheme, including information around how you can claim, who can claim and how you can appeal.

ESA test

Use this test to see if you would be able to claim Employment and Support Allowance. tests should take around 10/15 minutes – but please be aware that this not an official government service, and should only ever be used as a rough guide.

Entitledto benefits calculator

A calculator to see how much in benefits you are entitled to from the government. Includes information on all income-related as well as details on council taxes, universal credit and how payments will be affected if you start work. The Turn2Us benefits calculator is also a valuable resource.

Find your local Jobcentre Plus centre

If you need to hand in your ESA appeals form, or need to send it in – it needs to be sent to your local Jobcentre Plus centre. You can find your local centre using this link.

Thread on moving from Jobseeker’s Allowance to Employment and Support Allowance

A useful conversation about moving to JSA to ESA, especially if you’re considering making the move for the first time. Includes first hand experience on changing over your form of benefits.

Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) overview

A quick look at Jobseeker’s Allowance on the official Government UK website – including information about how to claim and eligibility

Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) overview

Details on Statutory Sick Pay, how you can claim it and who may be eligible.

Useful ESA forms

ESA1 Claim form (interactive, to be filled out on screen, then printed out)
ESA1 Claim form (to be printed out and filled out on paper)

Both of these claim forms can be used to apply for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA). Once completed, they must either be sent or taken to your local Jobcentre plus office.

SC2 form

This form is to be used when you have been ill for 4 days or more in a row and need to claim Statutory Sick Pay (SSP). This form is for employees only.

SSCS1 form

If you are looking to make an appeal about a decision made about your ESA claim, this is the form that you will need to fill out and send to the relevant department. It can also be used for appealing most other benefits decisions.

GL24 form

This form is to be used if you need to appeal but did not get mandatory reconsideration. Again, this can be used for a variety of different forms of appeals regarding benefits decisions.


Real Time Analytics